Paper Magic is a story about finding courage, facing challenges and overcoming self-doubt. It is about the power of friendship and discovering you don’t need magic to be worthwhile. The park calls to Marina. It tugs at a place deep in her chest but the thought of meeting the children who play there sends her into a breathless panic.
This beautiful story deals with issues of bullying, anxiety and being different, issues increasingly relevant to children of all ages. The story will delight any reader who has ever felt awkward, lonely or anxious.
Jeff E Doherty, the author and illustrator, is a School Learning Support Officer at Eglinton Public School, NSW, where he supports children with special needs or learning difficulties. In addition, he is a passionate children’s writer and award winning local artist.
- Paper Magic
- Author: Jeffery E Doherty
- ISBN: 978-0992302016
- RRP: UK £11.99 AU$19.95 US$13.99 EU €10.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Illustrated Children’s Book
- (7-12 age group – middle grade)
- 98 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 203mm x133mm
- eBook Formats: Kindle
- Key Words: Juvenile Fiction – General, Juvenile Fiction – Fantasy and Magic, Juvenile Fiction – Social Issues and Special Needs, Anxiety, bullying, loneliness, disability, courage, friendship, family, magic, origami, self-worth.
- Publication Date: September, 2013.
- Distributor: World-wide through IPG (IPG specific in North America, New South Books (partner) in Australia/New Zealand, and Eurospan in UK/Europe)
5 Comments Add yours
A nice description by the author on how he created Paper Magic: http://writingclassesforkids.com/author-writing-tips-jeffery-e-doherty/
Hi Jeff and IFWG. I’d like to use the Google image of Paper Magic for the GoodReads Group INF533 for our image montage. It’s a closed group for those studying the Master of Education (Knowledge Networks & Digital Innovation. Is that OK?