An agency that sends social workers into the homes of grieving families to impersonate dead loved ones…
The kind old woman who saved a teenager’s life but now finds herself haunted by the weight of a cheated suicide…
And the daughter of a candlestick maker as she tries to survive a painful existence after her father’s execution for making human chandeliers of drunken cowboys…
These stories and more-ranging from supernatural to the frighteningly domestic, Splatterpunk to the weird and cosmic-stain the pages of Cut to Care: A Collection of Little Hurts by Aaron Dries. They serve as a timely reminder of the cost of caring too much. Or not caring enough. Of how we mask cruelties behind kindness. And of our willingness to rip ourselves apart in the hope of satisfying a world that doesn’t always care for you back.
Featuring an exclusive introduction by Mick Garris, creator of MASTERS OF HORROR and director of Stephen King’s THE STAND, this unforgettable collection truly cuts deep.
- Cut to Care: A Collection of Little Hurts
- Short Fiction Collection
- Author: Aaron Dries
- Australian English
- ISBN: 978-1-922556-68-4
- RRP: UK £12.99 AU$23.95 US$15.99 EU €13.99
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing Australia
- Mature Readers
- 214 pages
- Binding: Trade Paperback
- Dimensions: 229mm x 152mm
- eBook Formats: Kindle; EPUB direct from Distributor; NookBook; iBook; Kobo.
- Key Words: Horror, Body Horror, Weird, LGBTQ+
- Publication Date: 9 May 2022 (worldwide except USA/Canada); 27 June 2022 (USA/Canada)
- Distribution: World-wide through IPG (IPG specific in North America, NewSouth Books (partner) in Australia/New Zealand, and UID(Marsden/Eurospan) in UK/Europe)
- Sample Print Buying Links:
– Barnes and Noble