Jake is a NASA pioneer pilot in a newly developed one-man explorer ship who takes to the stars to escape torment. Odds of survival are less than four in ten, and it is believed NASA pads the statistics.
He is forced to crash on an unknown planet that is dying, as its star gets colder in defiance of the laws of physics. Jake begins his survival quest with a few technological items from his ship and a still-functioning computer. It gets more complex when he rescues a beautiful girl and struggles to overcome the life and death challenges of the planet’s inhabitants, mega-fauna, and extreme climate. He discovers a few of Earth’s ancient stories of gods and demi-gods that are embroiled in hate, vanity, and what some call magic, are more than myths.
With success or failure, Jake proves that legends are made, not born.
- We Were Legends (Book 1 of We Were Legends series)
- Author: MF Burbaugh
- ISBN: 978-1925148527
- RRP: $18.99 US
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing International
- Science Fiction (Space Opera/Romance)
- 380 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 6″ x 9″
- eBook Formats: Kindle, NOOK Book, Kobo Book
- Key Words: Science Fiction, Space Opera, Fantasy, We Were Legends series.
- Publication Date: 2011
- Distribution: North America: IPG/SPU