Guilt ridden over the death of her 17-year-old son, Jay, scientist Niyati Bopari heads a team that creates a Humachine (human machine) for mega-corporation Ameri-Inc. Niyati dubs the Humachine J-1 and creates it in Jay’s image. She secretly infuses it with Jay’s DNA. J-1 is the most sophisticated robot ever created and its purpose is to replace human labor. Before J-1 and his blueprints can be transported to Ameri-Inc. headquarters a rogue Ameri-Inc. agent attempts to steal them.
Anatomy of a Humachine is a science fiction tour de force spanning two centuries and crossing two planets. Book I: To Dream centers on J-1, an artificial intelligence struggling to find his humanity; the grieving scientist who created him; the ruthless head of the corporation who owns him; and the iron-willed leader of a rebel force seeking revenge for the death of her family and the destruction of her planet.
- To Dream (Book 1 of Anatomy of a Humachine series)
- Author: Louis K Lowy
- ISBN: 978-1925496086 (Hardcover); 978-1925496079 (Trade Paperback)
- RRP: US$22.99 / $15.99 US
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing International
- Science Fiction (far future, cybernetics, artificial intelligence)
- 450 pages print versions English
- Binding: Cloth Bound with wrap; Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 6″ x 9″
- eBook Formats: Kindle, NOOK Book, Kobo Books (or buy direct from IFWG Publishing)
- Key Words: Science Fiction, robotics, artificial intelligence, cybernetics.
- Publication Date: Jan 2017