With security comes a price.
Humanity is in danger of annihilation as a centuries old war with the Andromedans heats up again. The Empire, an increasingly totalitarian society, is the only force that stands in the gap.
Thrust into this chaos of alien invasion, rebellion, and political intrigue, Lieutenant Adrian Stannis is caught between the ends and the means. No one knows why this brilliant scientist chooses to hide in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, doing research on an insignificant science vessel. His days of anonymity may soon be coming to an end, whether he wants it to or not.
Adrian’s freedom, and his very survival, may depend on friends he’s afraid of having. Kali, a psi-enabled humanoid who is the only person he gets along with, just barely, and Bryce, his personal assistant and one-time conman and thief, may be his only hope, if he doesn’t push them away, not to mention a mystery surrounding him that may explode in their faces.
Everyone wants to know the truth, but will it set them free?
- The Empire (Book 1 of The Empire series)
- Author: Elizabeth Lang
- ISBN: 978-1-925148-55-8
- RRP: $18.99 US
- Publisher: IFWG Publishing International
- Science Fiction (Space Opera/Romance)
- 326 pages – paperback English
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Dimensions: 6″ x 9″
- eBook Formats: Kindle, NOOK Book, Kobo Books
- Key Words: Science Fiction, Space Opera, Romance, The Empire series.
- Publication Date: 2010
- Distribution: North America – SPU